Its wedding season and I thought this was a good time to give some tips and advice to help you put together some killer outfits for these joyous celebrations. As is always the case with fashion, age is a factor when deciding what to wear… but, you may be surprised how far down on the list that consideration is.
FIRST CONSIDERATION: Dress code or No Dress Code.
There are six dress codes a couple might choose to have for their wedding guests. To understand each of these I am using information found on invitations by dawn’s website.
Dress Codes – What to Wear
1. Casual – casual dress suited to the season
2. Cocktail Attire/Semi-formal/Dressy Casual – Cocktail Dress
3. Themed Attire – Determined by the couple (See #5 Vintage below)
4. Formal Attire/Black Tie Optional – floor length dress or evening pant suit
5. Black Tie – formal gown
6. White Tie – full length ballroom gown
If there is a dress code that will narrow down your options, but there is still room for a lot of imagination! If there is no dress code, you can move on to the next consideration. Continue reading “It’s Wedding Season… What Should You Wear?”