YOU’RE JUST A TOY
NAMILIA S/S17 Manifesto:
1. Visualization of the extreme power and madness of teenage fandom and turning
boys into sexual playthings.
2. Reversing patriarchal society’s concept of female sexualisation and objectification.
3. A mash up of hardcore fetishwear, provocative slogans and nsfw visuals to create
the true fashion activist
4. A Celebration of the deviant and the freakish; reinterpreting the rebellious and sexual
codes of punks and goths
5. Freeing yourself from the common rules of decency and letting your most inner
fantasies run free.
6. Take down Trump.
7. This is the invincible all-girl NAMILIA cult.
NAMILIA was founded in 2015 by Berlin based designers Nan Li and Emilia Pfohl. The
duo met while attending University of the Arts Berlin. Li went on to earn a Masters
degree from the prestigious Royal College of Art London and quickly returned to Berlin
to launch NAMILIA with Pfohl.
The duo’s first collection, “My Pussy, My Choice” was selected for VFiles Runway
October 2015. New York and the fashion world responded with a resounding YES! and
they soon graced the pages of celebrated fashion magazines and blogs including:
VFiles, Vogue Italy, LOVE Magazine, Dazed & Confused, iD and many more. The
collection has been shot by David LaChapelle, Steven Klein and Willy Vanderperre and
Saturday, September 10, 2016
WATCH NYFW “THE SHOWS”